Middle level, full-time project-based position
AER is looking for a Project Associate for a 24-month project on data-driven policy development.
The ideal candidate must have well-rounded working experience in project management and administration. The candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with efficiency. Ideally, he/she should also have a basic understanding of the public policy process and how local government and civil society interact.
- Provide managerial support to the Project Manager, which may involve the following:
- Prepare formal communications and drafting talking points on behalf of the Project Manager
- Conduct background research on meeting participants and organizations
- Take notes and minutes of meetings
- Assist the Project Manager in day-to-day administrative matters
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant in his/her duties
- Manage the project calendar and coordinate schedules with the Project Leads
- Communicate internally with team members to ensure everyone is kept up to date
- Set up appointments, meetings, and other events
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of reportorial requirements of the project
- Assists in the preparation, conduct, and documentation of all project activities
- Provide advice and strategic insights to enhance the project’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform other relevant tasks, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, accounting, psychology, human resources, public policy, communications, marketing, engineering, information technology or related relevant experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in project management, accounting, or administration
- Basic understanding of Philippine civil society, politics, and development issues especially at the subnational level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to take initiative
- Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail, and good time-management skills
- Good interpersonal and social skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested applicants should submit their application to http://bit.ly/aerjobs21. Deadline for submissions is on February 7, 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email and called in for an interview in the week of February 15-19. Expected start date: March 1, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, AER implements a modified work from home arrangement. Members of the staff are expected to have stable internet connectivity in their residences. Admin and Finance personnel may be required to report physically to the office on pre-arranged schedules, following strict health protocols. Staff follows guidelines on the use of office space and travel for work.
AER is a smoke-free, gender-safe, child-friendly organization. All staff members are required to abide by strict policies on these.