Action for Economic Reforms (AER), a civil society policy, advocacy and action think tank working on key issues around fiscal reforms, health measures, industrial policy, and freedom of information, is looking for to fill the following project-based position:
(MIDDLE LEVEL, PART-TIME POSITION)
The Program Associate has the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Policy Lead in the design and implementation of the Policy Development Lab (PDL) programs
- Conduct research and policy analysis, and provide inputs on the benefits and drawbacks of existing and proposed policies
- Gather data and produce reports with qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Initiate and recommend policy ideas, procedures, and strategies to increase local political participation, access to information and data-driven public policy making
- Liaise with stakeholders to determine needs and goals
- Assist in the development of capacity building materials to increase local stakeholders’ understanding of local public policy and build their capacity to participate in policy formulation and development
- Prepare reports on PDL activities and accomplish reportorial requirements of the Project, as directed by the Policy Lead
- Serve as spokesperson during forum, hearings and media interview requests, as directed by the Policy Lead
- Provide support for the preparation of agenda and documentation of PDL meetings and discussions with stakeholders
- Assist the Project Teams and the Local Coordinator for the Visayas Project sites in the implementation of the Project’s objectives and programs in Visayas
- Work with the other Associates towards building the Project’s communication program
- Provide inputs and prepare notes for press releases and policy statement
- Contribute content to the Project’s online, social media and other communications platforms
- Perform other tasks and functions as may be assigned by the Policy Lead
- A Degree in Public Policy, Law, Political Science, Economics, Communications, Development Policy/Studies, and related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in policy analysis, formulation, and development
- Working knowledge of local public policy, participatory policy making, data analysis, and data-driven development
- Familiarity with local public policies that focus on increasing local civil society engagement, data-driven policy making, and local economic development
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Good interpersonal and social skills
- Team player with strong ability to contribute positively to a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Interested applicants should email their CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: [<Job Position> Application]. Deadline for submitting an application: September 30, 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email and called in for an interview in the week of October 4-8, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, AER implements a modified work from home arrangement. Members of the staff are expected to have stable internet connectivity in their residences. Admin and Finance personnel may be required to report physically to the office on pre-arranged schedules, following strict health protocols. Staff follows guidelines on the use of office space and travel for work.
AER is a smoke-free, gender-safe, child-friendly organization. All staff members are required to abide by strict policies on these.