Senior level, full-time project-based position
AER is looking for a Policy Lead for a 24-month project on data-driven policy development.
The ideal candidate must have significant experience working with National Government Agencies, Local Government Units, the academe and civil society organizations, ability to conduct research, training, and policy analysis. The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the public policy process, and with policies related to local political participation, access to information, and data-driven public policy making. The candidate will work closely with the Project Manager, Data Lead and Partnership Lead.
- Heads the Policy Lab which works with partner local government units (LGUs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Review and propose amendments to policy drafts and propose insights to improve the effects of existing policies.
- Conduct research, examine existing policies, and provide substantial inputs in the formulation and drafting of specific policies on stakeholder empowerment, local political participation, and access to information.
- Assist local stakeholders in pushing for strategic policies that will increase local political participation, access to information, and political support for data, statistics and evidence base in policy formulation.
- Provides technical expertise and advice to the Project Manager and project management core team.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and the Data Lab and Partnership leads in achieving objectives and outcomes/results of the project.
- Design and deliver capacity building to increase local stakeholders’ understanding of local public policy and build their capacity to participate in policy formulation and development through a data-driven and evidence-based approach, including:
- Design of training materials
- Conduct capacity building activities on political participation, policy formulation, strategic planning, policy coordination, and development to local stakeholders.
- Prepares reports on the accomplishments of the Policy Lab and other reportorial requirements of the project and the funder.
- Other relevant duties, as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in public policy, law, political science, economics, communications, development, and related fields or the equivalent relevant experience.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in policy analysis, formulation, and development.
- Strong grasp of Philippine civil society, politics, and development issues especially at the subnational level.
- Excellent understanding of local public policy making and implementation, participatory policy making, data analysis, and data-driven development.
- Broad understanding of local public policies that focus on increasing local civil society engagement, data driven policy making, local economic development.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and social skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to make complex concepts easily digestible for a target audience.
Interested applicants should submit their application to http://bit.ly/aerjobs21. Deadline for submissions is on February 7, 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email and called in for an interview in the week of February 15-19. Expected start date: March 1, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, AER implements a modified work from home arrangement. Members of the staff are expected to have stable internet connectivity in their residences. Admin and Finance personnel may be required to report physically to the office on pre-arranged schedules, following strict health protocols. Staff follows guidelines on the use of office space and travel for work.
AER is a smoke-free, gender-safe, child-friendly organization. All staff members are required to abide by strict policies on these.