Action for Economic Reforms (AER), a civil society policy, advocacy and action think tank working on key issues around fiscal reforms, health measures, industrial policy, and freedom of information, is looking for to fill the following project-based position:
(Middle Level, Short Term)
The Legal Researcher has the following responsibilities:
- Conduct legal research, draft policies, and write policy papers
- Work with the AER team in providing technical support to local government units.
- Attend meetings and workshops
- A Degree in Public Policy, Law, Political Science, Economics, Communications, Development Policy/Studies, and related field
- Working knowledge of local public policy, participatory policy making, data analysis, and data-driven development
- Familiarity with local public policies that focus on increasing local civil society engagement, data-driven policy making, and local economic development
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Good interpersonal and social skills
- Team player with strong ability to contribute positively to a team environment
Interested applicants should email their CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line: [<Job Position> Application]. Deadline for submitting an application: September 30, 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email and called in for an interview in the week of October 4-8, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, AER implements a modified work from home arrangement. Members of the staff are expected to have stable internet connectivity in their residences. Admin and Finance personnel may be required to report physically to the office on pre-arranged schedules, following strict health protocols. Staff follows guidelines on the use of office space and travel for work.
AER is a smoke-free, gender-safe, child-friendly organization. All staff members are required to abide by strict policies on these.