TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job Title: Layout Artist
Contract Duration: March 1 – November 15, 2022
Type of Contract: Project-Based
Languages Required: English and Filipino
Action for Economic Reforms (AER) is a civil society policy research, advocacy, and action group by publicly-engaged political economists that works on key issues around fiscal policy, food and agriculture, industrial policy, governance, interface, data-driven development, and Freedom of Information. Together with the European Union (co-funder), it is currently implementing a project called Data-Driven Development in the Philippines or PH3D.
PH3D is designed to help Partner Sites deliver their priority projects using data and technology, and community alliances. Using the PH3D framework, Partner Sites will have access to actionable evidence that will empower them to view key macro and micro data, prioritize programs, manage resources, enhance capacity for data-driven decisions, and get support from CSOs. It is a two-year project that focuses on four sites: The City of Pasig in Metro Manila, the Municipalities of Arteche and Guiuan in Eastern Samar, and the Province of Sorsogon in Bicol; It covers three sectors: transparency through Freedom of Information (FOI) for Pasig, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) for Eastern Samar, and Universal Health Care (UHC) for Sorsogon.
Scope of Work
As part of PH3D’s strategy under communications and visibility, it requires publishing of various materials that will require the services of a Layout Artist. The contractor shall undertake the following responsibilities:
- Provide three (3) layout prototypes following the AER, PH3D, and European Union (EU) brand guidelines;
- Layout the manuscript based on the guidance of PH3D;
- Create backgrounds/graphics that support the narrative of the manuscripts;
- Submit Hi-Res Output + all layered files, elements
|Deliverables/ Outputs||Due Dates||Review and Approvals Required||Designated Person|
|(12) Data Reports|
• Four (4) Data Quality and Availability (3pp per report)
• Four (4) Data Analytics (5pp per report)
• Three (3) OpenStreetMaps (5pp per report)
• One (1) Data Protocols and Best Practices in Data (20pp)
|(33) Policy Materials|
Learner’s Kit (4)
• Workshop 3 Guide (8pp, MAR22)
• Workshop 4 Guide (8pp, APR22)
• Workshop 5 Guide (8pp, JUN22)
• Consolidated Guide (20pp, JUL22)
Workshop Materials (21)
• One (1) Workshop 1 for Guiuan (16pp, Ready)
• One (1) Workshop 1 for Arteche (13pp, Ready)
• One (1) Workshop 2 for Arteche (17pp, Ready)
• One (1) Workshop 2 for Guiuan (17pp, Ready)
• One (1) Workshop 1 for Sorsogon, Batch 1 (25pp, Ready)
• One (1) Workshop 1 for Sorsogon, Batch 2 (25pp, Ready)
• Four (4) Workshop 3 (35pp, MAR22)
• Four (4) Workshop 4 (20pp, APR22)
• Four (4) Workshop 5 (20pp, JUN22)
• Three (3) Social Media Training (30pp, AUG22)
Policy Notes (8)
• Policy Note 1: 25pp, MAR22
• Policy Note 2: 10pp, MAR22
• Policy Note 3: 10pp, MAR22
• Policy Note 4: 10pp, APR22
• Policy Note 5: 10pp, JUN22
• Policy Note 6: 10pp, JUN22
• Policy Note 7: 10pp, JUL22
• Policy Note 8: 10pp, AUG22
|(1) Final PH3D Report (30pp)||DEC 2022||PH3D||Partnerships Lead|
The Copywriter shall coordinate directly with the PH3D Partnerships Lead for guidance and instruction on the visual aspects of the output. For specifics on the manuscript and application to layout, to the respective Designated Persons, as indicated adobe.
Qualifications of the Layout Artist
- At least three years of professional experience in digital layout and design;
- Proficient in digital layout and design;
- Must be able to submit sample of works or portfolio;
- Experience in complying with brand guidelines is an advantage;
- Must be able to work and deliver outputs remotely, with minimal supervision, and within deadline
Fee and Schedule of Payment
A professional fee will be provided upon submission of deliverables on a per tranch basis. The honorarium will depend on qualification and is subject to appropriate Government Tax.
This is a Project Agreement that does not imply any employer-employee relationship between AER and the Layout Artist.
Upon termination of services, AER has no liability under this Contract for any charges or expenses to Consultant/Contractor other than for approved services already rendered.
Supervision: AER shall furnish assignments/shot list, general direction, and guidance in connection with the work to be performed hereunder.
Confidentiality: The Layout Artist agrees to treat all information and materials disclosed to the him/her during the course of this Agreement as proprietary and confidential information of AER, as the case may be, and agrees to keep all such information and files confidential, and not to disclose such information and files or make use thereof without AER’s prior written consent.
Assignment: This is an Agreement for the provision of professional services by a Layout Artist and therefore is not assignable in whole or in part by the Layout Artist without express written permission of AER.
Termination: This Agreement may be terminated for cause, following the AER Staff Manual, by AER upon written notice to the Layout Artist. In the event of such termination, AER shall be liable only for payment of services rendered.
Layout Artist is expected to separately sign the relevant undertakings, which include the AER Child Protection Policy and the Code of Conduct Policy.
Changes to this Agreement shall be jointly agreed to by AER and the Layout Artist.
Interested applicants should email their resumé and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: [Layout Artist]. Deadline for submitting an application: March 1, 2022.