Middle level, full-time project-based position
AER is looking for a Finance Associate for a 30-month project on data-driven policy development.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the financial management of the Project and will directly report to the Admin and Finance Lead and the Overall Project Manager/Chief of Party.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with the Admin and Finance Lead to ensure that all Project financial transactions comply with the AER policies and processes, and are aligned with Project guidelines.
- Monitor Project cashflow, movements in exchange and interest rates, and Project payables and receivables, and submit monthly reports on them.
- Monitor and supervise the work of the Finance Associate, with particular focus on: recording of all financial transactions; financial disbursements such as those for salaries, statutory benefits, and payments of Project bills; and bank reconciliation.
- Review procurement documents and award.
- Manage the Project EPS and transact with Project associated banks.
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports, including budget and expense reports.
- Attend project meetings and activities, as required.
- Perform other tasks and functions as may be assigned by the Admin and Finance Lead and/or the Project Manager/Chief of Party.
- Graduate of B.S. Accountancy, preferably has passed the accountancy licensure examination
- At least with 5 years work experience in bookkeeping, accounting, financial reporting
- At least 2 years of middle level Finance management and reporting experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks, MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and social skills
Interested applicants should submit their application at http://bit.ly/aerjobs21. Deadline for submissions is on February 7, 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email and called in for an interview in the week of February 15-19. Expected start date: March 1, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, AER implements a modified work from home arrangement. Members of the staff are expected to have stable internet connectivity in their residences. Admin and Finance personnel may be required to report physically to the office on pre-arranged schedules, following strict health protocols. Staff follows guidelines on the use of office space and travel for work.
AER is a smoke-free, gender-safe, child-friendly organization. All staff members are required to abide by strict policies on these.