Junior level, full-time project-based position
AER is looking for a Finance Associate for a 24-month project on data-driven policy development.
The Finance Associate will provide support to the overall financial management of the project and will directly report to the Project Manager.
The Finance Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that all financial transactions comply with AER policies and processes.
- Process regular disbursements such as salaries, government obligations (employees benefits remittances and taxes), office bills.
- Monitor cash flow, exchange and interest rates and submit a monthly report
- Bookkeep all financial transactions
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports including budget and expense report
- Attend project meetings and activities as requested.
- Perform other tasks and functions as assigned by the Project Manager
- Graduate of B.S. Accountancy, preferably has passed the accountancy licensure examination
- At least 2 years work experience in bookkeeping, accounting, financial reporting
- Proficient in using Quickbooks, MS Excel, & Google Sheets
- Good interpersonal and social skills.
Interested applicants should submit their application to http://bit.ly/aerjobs21. Deadline for submissions is on February 7, 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email and called in for an interview in the week of February 15-19. Expected start date: March 1, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, AER implements a modified work from home arrangement. Members of the staff are expected to have stable internet connectivity in their residences. Admin and Finance personnel may be required to report physically to the office on pre-arranged schedules, following strict health protocols. Staff follows guidelines on the use of office space and travel for work.
AER is a smoke-free, gender-safe, child-friendly organization. All staff members are required to abide by strict policies on these.