Jenina Joy Chavez coordinates the AER Industrial Policy Team. She was a Senior Associate and Philippines Programme Coordinator with the regional policy research and advocacy organization Focus on the Global South until 2011. She works on the political economy of industrial policy, the nexus of economic policy making and public health, and regional social policy. She volunteers for the Solidarity for Asian People’s Advocacy on the strengthening of the social dimension in regional integration and the democratization of ASEAN processes to include non-state actors; and the Right to Know. Right Now! Coalition on the campaign for the passage of the People’s Freedom of Information Act.
- “Transnational Social Movements in ASEAN Policy Advocacy: The Case of Regional Migrants’ Rights Policy” (2015)
- “The political economy of foreign direct investment—Evidence from the Philippines” (2014)
- “Whole-of-government approaches to NCDs: The case of the Philippines Interagency Committee—Tobacco” (2014)
- “Complexities at the intersection of tobacco control and trade liberalisation: evidence from Southeast Asia” (2014)
- “The Political Economy of Tobacco Control in the Philippines: Trade, Foreign Direct Investment and Taxation” (2014)
- “Review: Why nations fail: the origins of power, prosperity and poverty (2014)
- “Review: Challenging conventional (political) wisdom: revaluing democratic participation and representation (2014)