- A dynamic national economy characterized by sustainable development, equitable distribution of income, robust and fair trade relations, and democratic governance.
- A socially oriented market economy that accentuates the complementing roles of a development-focused democratic state; a socially responsive and vibrant private sector; a growing, efficient cooperative sector; and a vigorous, organized civil society.
- Putting in place a macroeconomic environment that addresses equity, democratization, and sustainability.
- Building capacity of people’s organizations and non-government organizations to intervene in economic policy issues
- Developing policy alternatives and building economic strategies
- Influencing policy and winning concrete policy reforms.